October 9, 2023
A delightful autumn stay!
From the moment we booked to stay at Ling’s Meadow, it was delightful. From clear and helpful communication of what to expect, to being greeted by the friendly alpacas on arrival, I’m so glad we booked for their last weekend of the season. This was one of the cleanest; most well stocked and maintained campsite we have stayed at. Fire pits, bikes, games and a wood fired oven were all provided and the hot showers topped it all off. I couldn’t recommend this more.
August 18, 2023
Fox Camp - double
I was highly impressed with this welcoming site. There has clearly been a lot of love gone into every aspect of the experience and it shows. The plots are well maintained, and the facilities are excellent.
May 31, 2023
Lovely meadow, great facilities, beautiful sunset 👍
May 9, 2023
Right in the middle of farmland, with llamas and sheep to appeal to the kids, this campsite is the perfect eco retreat from the fast lane. Set in a very large field, and yet with only 9 or 10 pitches, it is remarkably well thought through, with large tepee communal tent for rainy days, a great well-equipped shared kitchen for those not wishing to lug their own kit, very stylish hot shower and drop-loos, all powered by solar and natural means. Off grid, but definitely stylish camping!
May 7, 2023
Great eco campsite
A wonderful fully eco camp site , we loved the communal kitchen and large tipi , great when you only have a small tent !
September 13, 2022
WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!
spent a lovely week here, here's why...
1. it's far enough from main roads that it's wonderfully quiet
2. it's big enough that you're not too close to anyone (pitches are individually set out and separately bookable if booked direct) but open enough that you still feel you have friendly neighbours to wave to in the morning
3. there's a great little set-up with a communal kitchen, mini iceblock freezer, pizza oven, swapshop and solar powered charging point + marshmallows and firewood for sale
4. there's a mini teepee, mud kitchen and games for adults/kids alike
5. there's an amazing HUGE communal teepee - ideal if the weather's crap and you're feeling claustrophobic in your tent (we had sun all week but still chilled there sometimes)
6. the woodburning shower (hot twice a day), urinal and loos (those composting drop ones) were beautifully done and didn't smell!
7. the owners were genuinely lovely, friendly and helpful yet wholly unobtrusive
8. they have alpacas!
ONLY downsides might be the lack of campsite shop proper (though Spar is less than 2 mins drive) and you can't park at your tent (i like that, my wife less so).
we camp 3-4 times a year and VERY rarely return to a campsite. but this will now definitely be a regular fixture in our calendar, especially as they're apparently upgrading the shower next year and the meadow will look far more mature and beautiful (unfortunately they'd mowed just before the drought!).
only request: climbing frame, swing and slide for kids?