- Camp under the stars and see the Milky way on clear nights - Slow down for a minute and breath the fresh country air!- Collect fresh eggs for breakfast! - Set up a hammock or camping chair and watch the cows, sheep, hogs and chickens do their thing.- Run or bike down a country road (Liggett) through shaded roads and you might see a critter or two. Country roads go on for
- Camp under the stars and see the Milky way on clear nights - Slow down for a minute and breath the fresh country air!- Collect fresh eggs for breakfast! - Set up a hammock or camping chair and watch the cows, sheep, hogs and chickens do their thing.- Run or bike down a country road (Liggett) through shaded roads and you might see a critter or two. Country roads go on for miles so take your GPS!- Play basketball or at the park across the street at the Vashti Community CenterIn the town of Bowie (7miles)- See the Guinness world record largest Bowie Knife. - Every second weekend of the month you can shop the trader days.- Walmart and Groceries
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Tent Camping under the stars in Texas.
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Groovy farm/groovier hosts!!!
Matthew is such a groovy, accommodating host! He let us pull our big bulky UHaul full of music gear onto his land and had already thrown some logs into the fire pit for us when we got settled in. The campsite itself was nestled into the back of his farm land, complete with pigs, beep, chickens, turkeys, guineas, a cat, a Yorkie pup, and (not part of the farm fam) a cute little possum that visited our site to say hello.
Would 100% recommend to anyone swinging through.
Such a neat place.
Beautiful spot. Absolutely love the sweet pigs. Matt was a great host. Had the fire wood set up for us. We arrived late and left early but had time to meet the pretty lady pigs.
Stars overhead, peace and quiet
It was an interesting experience. I was traveling alone and needed a feeling a safety. I got that here. All was as advertised and I had a feeling of privacy throughout. The sheep were in the field with me, but were calm and interesting to observe. It served my purpose very well for an overnight stop! The stars were amazing to behold at night!
Beautiful night sky, great host
It was a great experience - host was fantastic and had plenty of wood already cut and ready to burn. His goats, sheep and chickens are super heart-warming. We went on Easter weekend and on Sunday his chickens had laid four eggs that we could have to eat or take with us. I would definitely go back. Thank you for going the extra mile to make our stay memorable.
Simple, uncomplicated and starry!
We really enjoyed our stay. Our daughter LOVED the rabbits, sheep, hens, pigs, baby goat and the cat! Lovely touches included a fire already built in the fire pit and access to fresh eggs, which made the best omelette for breakfast. Simple, uncomplicated and the starriest sky ever! There was noise from the road which we didn’t notice in the day time, only late at night, but everything else made up for it. Would definitely recommend.
Matthew was an excellent host! He introduced us to all the animals which we enjoyed. He had the campfire ready and waiting for us. We got eggs for breakfast. Some tomatoes and fruit to take home. The camp site was beautiful. Would definitely go back!
Nature, farm life and stargazing
One of the best campsites we’ve visited. Not only were the stars amazing, Matt and all the farm animals were so welcoming of our stay. Matt was so kind and very proud of the work that he has put into the farm, we gave us a little tour and oh my god, we got to pet and engage with the farm animals! We met and had the opportunity to hold a newborn sheep that was just so sweet. Did I mention our host set up firewood and gifted us fresh farm eggs? Yep, he also sent us on our way with home grown fruit and tomatoes. He was so giving and has put so much work into his place and the pride he feels about it is evident in the way he welcomes you and is ready to share this with place with the world. There’s tiny sheep poop everywhere but you’ll get over it because it doesn’t smell and this place is about as natural as it gets if you’re looking for a country side, farm experience. We loved this place and our stay here will be one to remember with many stories to continue to share with our friends and family.
Fabulous farmhouse fun!
Breathtaking! Stargazing was absolutely amazing! Scrambled up some farm fresh eggs in the morning...yum! Went into town & discovered Nostalgia Antiques; a restaurant that serves up some wonderful, home-style cooking! Enjoyed evening strolls down Liggett Road & embraced all that the country has to offer. Great stay! Incredibly relaxing. Looking forward to a return visit.