Our Mongolian yurt is next to a natural stream, winding through our 100 acres farm land. You will have a complete experience of off-grid camping immersed in nature without sacrificing comfort as well as convenience. Our yurt is eco-friendly, natural lighting comes from the dome above, at night the yurt gets its power and energy from solar powered lights, fire pit and wood
Our Mongolian yurt is next to a natural stream, winding through our 100 acres farm land. You will have a complete experience of off-grid camping immersed in nature without sacrificing comfort as well as convenience. Our yurt is eco-friendly, natural lighting comes from the dome above, at night the yurt gets its power and energy from solar powered lights, fire pit and wood stove. Surrounded by grassy meadow, forest and pasture land around, at night you can look at the starry sky and listening the crickets and frogs singing. Our farm has organic garden with bean, sweet corn, tomato, etc. You can pick your own vegetables. We also have hemp field for you to explore. The Retreat is next to Carden Alvar Park– the famous bird watching garden, Kirkfield Lock Lift is on the Trent Severn Waterway, like a natural gate way to access our farm. Centennial Trailer Park is within the vicinity of the Yurt 5 minutes driving distance, where you can go canoeing, fishing and hiking.
Your typical daily schedule would like:
• Wake up by the morning singing birds around 7:00am
• Have a your morning coffee beside the ancient wood stove 8:00am
• In morning, bring your binocular and hike around the Cardon Alvar Garden for birds watching; or go the nearby centennial provincial park for boating or fishing, or go the Kirk field Lift to watch the ancient canal, booking a tour online.
• At noon, pick up your organic vegetable from the garden and order homemade Chinese food from our farm kitchen.
• Afternoon, stay at the pond, swimming or paddling in the pond and enjoy the farm idyllic scenery
• Evening, set up your bonfire at the fire pit, and cook your own favorite campsite food, grilled marshmallow as your desert • While enjoy the sounds of the frogs and crickets, fall asleep under the canopy of the yurt.
Bird Watching - Carden Alvar Provincial Park is our next door neighbor. Carden Alvar is recognized worldwide as a destination for birdwatching due to the large number and diversity of grassland birds, including grasshopper sparrow, bobolink, upland sandpiper, field sparrow, eastern meadowlark and eastern loggerhead shrike.
The Trent-Severn Waterway National Site is a historic canal operated by Parks Canada, an agency of Environment and Climate Changes Canada. It is part of a large family of national parks and national historic sites located across the country. The historic canals are popular waterways that cater to recreational boaters, including canoeists and kayakers, as well as land-based visitors.
Centennial Trailer Park is seasonal Park located in 5 minutes away which almost entirely surrounded by water of Canal Lake. You can go fishing, canoeing, swimming.
20' diameter insulated yurt (314 Square feet) is equipped and furnished with the following inside:
· Electricity and outlet from the yurt
· Wood stove for winter heating
· two double bed with futon mattress, fitted sheet,
· dresser with six drawers
· rustic dining table & two chairs
· antique hand wash stand
· first aid kit & fire extinguisher
· broom & dustpan
· clean, private camp toilet & toilet paper
· Coffee (ground dark roast) and assorted tea salt & pepper, olive oil, sugar
Outdoor is equipped with the following:
· Picnic table with benches
· Water hose from outside
· Outdoor fire pit and grill
What to bring with you:
· cooking equipment
· Food + Cooler + Ice
· bedding (sleeping bags are best) and sheets
· Appropriate clothing and footwear (we’re in the forest!)
· Flashlight (this is camping, it is 100 acre farm, some place can get dark)
· Bug spray/mosquito netting
Available upon request:
· metal spatula, tongs, & grill brush
· full set of utensils and tableware available upon request
· stainless steel glasses, mugs upon request
· Self-serve Firewood 15$/bundle (1 horizontal ft)
· Propane tank cook with full tank of fuel for rent at 30 dollars
Other things to note
· Please note that the yurt is insulated with wool and has a wood stove for heating. It gets very warm and cozy in there but you must maintain the fire, especially during extreme cold. You should know how to operate a woodstove. In winter seasons, there are two heat sources: woodstove and a electric heater inside.
· In case of emergency, call 911. The nearest hospital is 35 minutes away in Lindsay.
- With regards to bedding - we typically provide the bottom sheets, pillows and pillow covers. Guests need to bring their own comforters/sleeping bags. If you are traveling and don't have any bedding - please let us know and we can arrange to provide complete bedding.
- Check in: After 4PM
- Check out: Before 10AM
- Cancellation policy: Strict
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
You know what would make this trip even better?
Take advantage of these offers available to add to your trip to SunMoon Lakeview Mongolian Yurt
In season Farm grown vegetable
We sweet corn, tomato, green bean, cucumber etc. Organic beef free ranch c...Read more
Propane Tank and Cook Stand
You can rent this Propane tank and cook stand for outside cooking.
Start your trip off right with a bundle of firewood waiting for you at your c...Read more
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
The Carden Alvar is designated an Important Bird Area (IBA) by Birdlife International. Carden is nationally significant as one ...Read more
Natural features you'll find at SunMoon Lakeview Mongolian Yurt in Ontario.
There are lots of lakes around the property, you can go and visit.
We have 50 acres of grass and hay fields
River, stream, or creek
There is a creek winding through our farm, you can access the water in the river. The Trent-Severn Waterway National Site is...Read more
There are ponds along the river, we are not liable for any swimming activities.
This is a 100 acres farm and we have cattle along the McNamee road ranch.
We have raise chickens on the farm, and cattle ranch is along McNamee road.