*Dear campers, we are excited to finally re-open the property in early November. Please note that all guests will need to adhere to the health orders at the time of their stay, which prior to 1st December will require all persons over 16 years to bring offline proof of full vaccination at check-in. Don't hesitate to reach out to us before if you wish to flag any co
*Dear campers, we are excited to finally re-open the property in early November. Please note that all guests will need to adhere to the health orders at the time of their stay, which prior to 1st December will require all persons over 16 years to bring offline proof of full vaccination at check-in. Don't hesitate to reach out to us before if you wish to flag any concerns or exemptions in advance.*
**NOTE: no caravan access into property, cars (2WD and 4WD) or small camper trailers only**
2x Cabins and 1x Cottage are also available on site to rent please send us a message for more information.
Children aged 3 or under camp for free, and child rates have now been introduced for those aged 4-12.
Wattle Valley Farm is a 100 acre property, bounded by the iconic Wollombi Brook, which many native wildlife call home. We offer a number of campsites for small or large groups, with many sites well-shaded and away from other campers.
What makes our property unique:
- Private 1.2km brook access with deeper areas (>6ft) perfect for swimming and fishing, and shallow beach areas more suitable for the kids. There is no vehicle access to the brook, and only a short 5min walk from many of the campsites.
- A number of on-site bushwalking tracks ranging from 5 minutes to an hour, including the cave walk with local Aboriginal art, the river loop and the more challenging fire trail walk
- Family-friendly with plenty of space for ball games, bike riding and picnics
- Full bathroom facilities with hot showers and flushing toilets, catering for both ladies and gents
- Booking numbers limited to ensure privacy and no overcrowding
- Finish each night by your own campfire (pending local restrictions, BYO firewood)
- Our rural setting is far from any city lights and perfect for stargazing on a clear night
- We are neighbours with a wedding venue, so some areas of our property can be noisy on busy weekends. It can disrupt the peace, but rarely will it become unbearable.
- Unfortunately we do not benefit from a garbage service in our area, so please come prepared to take your rubbish with you.
Wattle Valley Farm is located in the heart of the Wollombi Valley and the Hunter Valley wine region, making it an ideal base while you explore everything the region has to offer. The historic village of Wollombi is only five minutes up the road, and has a lively cafe scene, unique experiences and the famous Wollombi Tavern. Meanwhile, the popular Broke and Pokolbin wine regions are a short 30-40 minute drive along the beautiful, meandering country roads.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out
You know what would make this trip even better?
Take advantage of these offers available to add to your trip to Camp at Wattle Valley Farm Wollombi
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Camp at Wattle Valley Farm Wollombi in New South Wales.
Entry driveway is steep and can be difficult to navigate with anything larger than a camp trailer. Be mindful that cars/traile...Read more
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Awesome camp site. Lots of space to cater for groups of multiple sizes. Amenities were clean with multiple toilets, showers and an area for you to wash up. I’ve been here twice now and it’s great to see the gradual improvements at this campsite!
We recently spent our 2nd weekend at Wattle Valley and again we really enjoyed our stay! Matt and Jenna are fabulous hosts and are always ready to help out when necessary. We camped more out in the open this time and there was still lots of birdlife for me to photograph! And the stars!!! Once the clouds cleared the view of the night sky is amazing!
Mobile reception is very limited which really helped the relaxation of the weekend 😊
We'll definitely be going back!!
Relaxing and quiet
Great spot, the oval makes a great spot to camp just behind the river. The amenities are clean and adequate. Not crowded with large camping sites, feels like you are away from everyone. Great hosts, Will be back again.
Can not fault!!
We have stayed at Wattle Valley Farm twice and everyone LOVES it every time!! Stunning setting, Beautiful Water to swim in, Amazing Hosts, Never overcrowded, Hot Water, Flushing Toilets, Easy drive from Sydney! Can not fault!
Great location, has both private camping spots and open spots if you are with a bigger group. Good clean facilities. Plenty of space for kids to play and easy access to the river and some caves for kids to explore.
Wattle valley farm was the perfect location for our long weekend camping trip. Matt was very knowledgeable about the local area and gave us some great recommendations. The farm had clean facilities and lots of spots to explore
Beautiful and peaceful 🙂
Beautiful camp.. had everything we needed. Loved that we had lots of space and the sites weren't super close to one another..Great communication from Matt & Jenna. Would definitely go back and recommend to other friends and family 🙂