The best RV camping near Devil's Lake, Oregon.
Lakeside camping right in an Oregon Coast city.
Set on the 685-acre Devil’s Lake, Devil's Lake State Recreation Area is the collective name for East Devil's Lake State Park, a day-use area on the south shore, and the Devil's Lake Campground, situated right in Lincoln City, a short walk from the lakeside. Camping options at Read more...
Set on the 685-acre Devil’s Lake, Devil's Lake State Recreation Area is the collective name for East Devil's Lake State Park, a day-use area on the south shore, and the Devil's Lake Campground, situated right in Lincoln City, a short walk from the lakeside. Camping options at Devil’s Lake Campground include basic tent sites, full hookup sites (most with cable TV), and 10 yurts, plus flush toilets and boat slips. While plenty of campers choose Devil’s Lake for its proximity to Lincoln City attractions and the ocean beach, the lake here is also a big draw, particularly for boaters.
Tips for Snagging a Campsite Reservation
- Campsites, yurts, RV hookups, and moorage slips are available to book online up to six months in advance using the Oregon State Parks online reservation system. Sites are released every morning at 6am PT.
- Sites may open up at the last minute due to cancellations. Cancellation-related same-day and next-day reservations are occasionally available in person or by calling the park directly.
When to Go
Devil's Lake is open year-round for camping and day use, although some sites close in winter due to rain and flooding, and may remain shut through June. The Oregon Coast tends to be cold and rainy for much of the year, and the warmer summer months are definitely the best time for camping. Birdwatchers who don’t mind cooler temperatures may enjoy winter visits, when the migratory geese and ducks descend upon the lake’s wetland.
Know Before You Go
- Devil’s Lake Campground is just a block inland from the Coast Highway (Highway 101), the main drag in town, and a few blocks from the seaside. There are plenty of restaurants within a five-minute walk, plus a large supermarket within a short drive.
- The campground doesn't have its own boat launch, but there are 12 reservable moorage slips. The closest boat ramps are at East Devil's Lake State Park and Regatta Grounds, both of which are three miles from the campground.
- The campground is pet-friendly, and dogs are allowed in five of the 10 yurts.
- There are two accessible campsites and two accessible yurts for campers with wheelchairs.