Upgraded camping at its finest! Relax and enjoy some time in the country in this well-built and comfortable yurt in beautiful Ridgefield, Washington! Get a feel of the outdoors while camping in style and still close to small town amenities. Easy access from I-5 (property is 3 miles from the highway), and the quaint town of Ridgefield is only 5 miles away with restaurants, gr
Upgraded camping at its finest! Relax and enjoy some time in the country in this well-built and comfortable yurt in beautiful Ridgefield, Washington! Get a feel of the outdoors while camping in style and still close to small town amenities. Easy access from I-5 (property is 3 miles from the highway), and the quaint town of Ridgefield is only 5 miles away with restaurants, grocery stores and shopping. Enjoy miles of trails a short distance away at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, or walk to Lake Rosanna from the property. Boating and fishing opportunities abound! Explore the Pacific Northwest volcano's. Mt. St. Helens peeks through the trees with views from the deck. The yurt is situated at the entrance of the property so you have your own private area. Owner's live on-site, about 100 yards from the yurt. Please note that if you are booking during the winter months, you should be familiar with running a woodstove, as it is the main source of heat. 1 bundle of firewood is provided for free to keep the yurt warm and cozy. If needed, additional bundles are available for purchase.
Additional highlights include:
1. Property is 45 minutes from downtown Portland, 30 minutes from PDX airport, 20 minutes from Vancouver, 2 hours from Seattle, and it is 2 hours from the Oregon coast and 1 hour from Mt. St. Helens.
2. Equestrian facilities and riding opportunities abound.
3. Amazing birding, deer, rabbits, eagles, hawks, ducks, blue herons, etc.
4. This is Sasquatch country!
5. The new Ilani Casino is less than 3 miles away.
6. You Pick fruit farms surround the area.
7. Local wineries are plentiful.
8. Enjoy the amazing stars, sunsets and sunrises.
Things to be aware of:
1. Property owners live onsite. The yurt has its own private area which is about 100 yards from their house.
2. The yurt is NOT in the middle of an expansive wilderness area. In fact, it is quite close to society. This is very convenient for amenities, but please be aware that you will be able to see neighboring houses and hear boats, planes, automobiles and the occasional lawn mower. The interstate is 3 miles away, and can get noisy if the wind is blowing just right. Remember, you are in a canvas tent so there is not a lot of noise protection!
3. The yurt can get hot or cold depending on the weather outside. Be prepared. We supply fans and the doors and roof dome can be opened in the summer. The woodstove does a good job at keeping the yurt warm in the winter, but it can get chilly if the weather gets really cold outside or if you let the fire go out at night. It also rains a lot in the Pacific Northwest. Again, be prepared!
4. Basic bedding (mattresses, sheets, blankets and pillows), towels and dishware are provided.
5. There is power to the site and receptacles for your use. It is limited to one circuit however, so you won't be able to run multiple "high-draw" devices at once (e.g. you will throw the circuit breaker if you run the space heater, the hot plate and the refrigerator all at the same time). There is also wi-fi available and excellent cell reception.
5. There is cold water at the kitchen sink which drains into a greywater bucket located in the cabinet underneath. This bucket needs to periodically be removed and emptied into the nearby greywater filtration system. There is no hot water available at the sink, although you can warm water on the hot plate or electric water kettle (provided).
6. The outhouse is located on the deck right outside the yurt’s back door. It is a "batch composting toilet” with a urine separator, meaning you can poop and pee in it, as well as throw toilet paper into it. After using, you throw a small handful of organic “cover” (provided) into the bin to, well, cover your business. NOTHING ELSE SHOULD EVER BE THROWN IN THE TOILET! When used correctly, the toilet will not smell (or only smell minimally).
7. Garbage and recycling cans are provided.
8. There is one trail down to the lake (about 1/4 mile) but no other maintained trails on the property. You are welcome to explore the property’s forest, but be aware that you will run into steep terrain, blackberries and thick brush in some areas.
9. Parking is limited. We prefer groups arrive in one vehicle. Special accommodations can sometimes be made by request.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Strict
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within an hour
You know what would make this trip even better?
Take advantage of these offers available to add to your trip to Yurt in the country
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Yurt in the country in Washington.
Places to see near Yurt in the country
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Staying at Andy’s yurt was an amazing little escape! Very clean and cozy, with everything we needed for a night of glamping. Andy was friendly and responsive when we had a question upon check in but then provided space and privacy for us to enjoy the quiet space. Would definitely recommend the place. Always fun to stay in a yurt!
Scenic, peaceful, unique
Literally one of my favorite finds! Had a girls night in this beautiful yurt and would definitely come back! In a very nice area and Andy is such a great host. 10/10 recommend this relaxing and unique getaway!
Charming countryside yurt
We had a blast at Andy's yurt! Easy to find, the yurt was clean, roomy, and comfortable. He greeted us with some fresh veggies from his garden and helped with anything we needed.
The winery nearby is very much worth checking out if you are staying too!
Would definitely stay again! I've never stayed in a yurt quite like this one. We felt so homey and had a ton of space. Pretty easy/fast to travel to Vancouver or Portland but outside the city so we enjoyed seeing bright stars overhead. Andy is great and very accommodating as well. :)