We are definitely out of the way 98 miles to the closest Walmart birds deer sunsets and sunrises best in the country great fishing 15 miles west lake Oahe sitting Bull’s grave site 33 miles west
- Check in: After 11AM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within an hour
- Response rate: 100%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Grass limited trees in South Dakota.
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
This site seems to be more geared towards the RV crowd although theres not much stopping you from pitching a tent. The bathroom amenities are very convenient but unfortunately no fires at this location. It is also a little closer to the main road than I'd prefer, but it makes it easy to find.
Just what we needed.
Very nice facilities. The shower was nice and clean as was the building with the laundry. Be sure to bring quarters as we’d forgotten them.
Very level sites. Easy on and off the freeway.
Peaceful country sleep
I stayed here on a long drive between family members' homes. This campground is on the edge of a small town 7 miles from the North and South Dakota state border.
* Excellent, clear, and fast communication
* Falling asleep to the sunset over the cornfield
* Waking up at 5:30 a.m. to the sound of cows mooing and birds chirping
* A hot shower with good water pressure
* Access to laundry if I had needed it
* A reasonable rate to stay here (I did not have the issues that a previous reviewer described)
* There is only one toilet and one shower for the entire campsite
* The restroom did not appear to have been cleaned recently
Pebble Drive In has great burgers and ice cream
All in all, I would stay here again.
Basic but no complaints
This is a very basic campground/RV park. A few of the sites have picnic tables, and there are full hookups for the RV crowd. There were limited options in this part of the country to pitch a tent for a night, and in early May I found myself alone both nights except for a truck pulling a trailer that showed up very late and left very early. There is also a building with laundry, a bathroom, and a shower.
I am leaving this review because it hasn’t been reviewed yet and it is a good basic site, however be aware that Hipcamp charged me $30 a night plus a $10 service fee. When I arrived at the property, the host told me I owed him $10 a night for the tent to be paid in cash. So I am currently awaiting Hipcamp’s response to this matter, and I hope to be reimbursed. But I trust that the host did not mean to deceive and I am sure this is just a technicality that will be resolved soon.