Picturesque location on farmland with views of the mountains. We are a micro-farm. Go for a short hike on the property, get to know the animals watch the sunset most of the summer. We are located 35 minutes from Saratoga Springs and Lake George, NY, and 45 minutes from Dorset and Manchester, VT. Hike the Adirondack or Green Mountains, paddle the streams or go to a nearby s
Picturesque location on farmland with views of the mountains. We are a micro-farm. Go for a short hike on the property, get to know the animals watch the sunset most of the summer. We are located 35 minutes from Saratoga Springs and Lake George, NY, and 45 minutes from Dorset and Manchester, VT. Hike the Adirondack or Green Mountains, paddle the streams or go to a nearby small city for a play, a festival, or a concert. There is a long list of things to do and see within an hour of our tent.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
Places to see near Runamuk Farm Tent
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
My partner and I had the most relaxing couple days staying at the bedroom in the woods. The space was clearly freshly cleaned, private and filled with special touches that added to the comfort. (Great bed, soft linens and quilt, long curtains, throw blankets) The reviews about slices of cheese cake and lemon water are true! The structure itself is so unique.. We had lots of rain during our stay but because all the windows and clear roof we still felt like we were immersed in nature. The scenery was spectacular as well. We watched the sun set over the hills. Super special, can’t wait to go back!
This is luxury glamping, and Bonnie’s attention to comfort and detail were supreme. The bedroom in the woods is a really special experience. The structure itself is beautiful with tons of windows. We slept in it during a heavy rain storm and it stood up well to the elements!
When we arrived, we were delighted to find a slice of the best local cheesecake, spoons and napkins; a jug of lemon water and glasses; French press, coffee, sugar, and mugs all at bedside.
Bonnie had built a phenomenal fire structure (log pyramid with lots of kindling) before our arrival. All we had to do was start it — with the lighter she provided us. We are used to backpacking or tent car camping and this was an incredible treat.
Bonnie also provided at the campsite:
- Firewood for $1 per piece (or lots of down wood in the vicinity for free)
- Grates for campfire cooking
- Burner and two propane canisters, as well as a small pot
- Dish soap and hand soap
- Trash can with a well-fitting lid
- Large cooler of water (think: size used to throw Gatorade on coach’s head after the big win)
- Two awesome rocker camping chairs at the fire pit (and lots of stumps to sit on too if your party is bigger)
- Camping hammock
- Campsite toilet: an easy-to-use, clean, non-smelly (if used correctly) system of bags that you seal, throw away, and replace. Toilet paper provided. The toilet area, which is right next to the bedroom, is in its own zipped up tent/stall so fully private and rain protected. Not shared with the other glamp sites elsewhere on the farm.
- Lantern inside the bedroom
- Lots of warm blankets. It was 40F overnight—we brought some extra blankets to be safe but we would have been warm enough. Remember this is a structure but it is not insulated and air (and a few bugs, which hopefully you won’t mind) do get in between the floorboards, and space between walls and ceiling.
Please note that a low vehicle can get up the farm road to the site (we did it in a Prius), but we would strongly recommend bringing a higher vehicle if you have access to one.
Overall we had a truly five-star stay. The campsite is phenomenally set up for comfort, the view of the cornfield is beautiful, and the bedroom in the woods is a peaceful and special getaway. This would be a great place to go to test the waters if you’ve never camped before. And as folks who love to backpack it was a really special way to enjoy the outside but with a *lot* of extra comfort.
Enjoy your stay!
Other Hipcamp hosts take note! Bonnie and her sites are about as good as it gets. She goes above and beyond what I could possibly ask for. Every little detail is taken care of, including a dish for my dog. The cabin itself is a magical place. Beyond charming and comfortable. I can't recommend it highly enough...
Bonnie is a fantastic host, and this farm and the bedroom in the woods is a real gem. I can't say enough good. My husband and I were truly impressed and pleased with the setup of the place, comfort, and privacy. We loved it and I would highly recommend this place.