The Skoolie is a converted short bus with two love seats that convert to an RV queen bed, sink, stove top, dinette, and over head lights. Outside is a private meadow with a short walk to a small lake. You can take out the provided sit on top kayak or bring your fishing gear. Outside the Skoolie is a picnic table, fire pit (firewood included) and a hammock. Up the hill, a
The Skoolie is a converted short bus with two love seats that convert to an RV queen bed, sink, stove top, dinette, and over head lights. Outside is a private meadow with a short walk to a small lake. You can take out the provided sit on top kayak or bring your fishing gear. Outside the Skoolie is a picnic table, fire pit (firewood included) and a hammock. Up the hill, a very short walk is the private campground toilet facility. This is not shared with anyone else. No cell phone reception no linens bring a sleeping bag or warm blankets. You can charge your phone in the Skoolie for a sunrise alarm or just to take pictures.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within 6 hours
- Response rate: 100%
Places to see near Skoolie in the Forest
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
What a fabulous stay at Skoolie!
Everything was ready for us when we arrived. Ice chest with plenty of ice, water by the picnic table and firewood by the fire pit.
The skoolie is super clean. Has a fan and heater should that be needed. We didn’t need either but nice to have.
There is no cell phone service there but there is a battery charger where you can charge your phone if you need to.
Loved the area. Lots of good suggestions for hiking from Brian and Don.
We had a great time at Angeles Crest Skoolie. Brian was very communicative about what to expect and provided us with plenty of water, games, fire wood, and even a bug tent! It was fun to explore the old camp ruins and we were able to take a hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. The weekend we went happened to be a bit of a heat wave, so it was tough to stay cool during the day, but the skoolie was plenty comfy at night and came equipped with a fan.
I had a great time at the Schoolie (although I camped in a tent). The area is beautiful and private and the bathroom was clean. Firewood, water and coffee were provided. It was a nice drive up to the campsite and had no issues getting there in a sedan. I would recommend this site if you’re looking for a quick weekend camping trip not too far from the city.
We loved camping at this site. There's SO much to talk about, but for brevity, i'll give ya'll the bullets:
- Brian prepped the place like we were royalty! From the outdoor firepit with firewood to the picnic table and already prepped outdoor trashcan--and everything in between. We felt like we were being hosted--yet we were all alone in the Angeles National Forest!
- I pitched a tent, while my wife & little kids slept in the schoolie bus bed with the wife. they LOVED it. Was super comfortable--the bed was a little tricky to set up, but once we figured it out, it was all good.
- everything in the schoolie was also well-prepped: there were already dishes, flatware, etc. There were even a few extra blankets (but definitely bring your own sleeping bags and extra blankets for warmth...and pillows).
- the whole space was amazing--lots to explore, space to play with the kids, and Brian even had some outdoor games left for us by the schoolie. In the schoolie Brian left a note explaining a bit about the area: apparently it was an old girl scouts campground, and in fact some of the old structures that were built back in the '70's are still there/standing, and it was really cool to see some of the carvings and old structures, knowing that people have been coming here for decades to take in the nature.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: the "lake" is very small and is NOT meant for swimming (and i wouldn't even consider fishing in it). It's really pretty, but that's about all i can say about that
Tranquility in the forest
Oh my goodness, this is the most peaceful and serene place! We had such a wonderfully relaxing time here at the skoolie. Everything we could need was there in the bus. Heater worked great. Plenty of fresh water was provided for drinking or doing dishes. Fireplace had TONS of wood, we didn't even use it all. Outhouse was really close. We had a lot of fun exploring the property and all the old girl scouts cabins. Rowed the boat all over the pond. Saw lots of critters, even a water snake. Will definitely be coming here again! Thanks Brian & Nicole!!
Had such a great time camping here , the SKOOLIE was nice and clean , it had everything I needed pots pans utensils a heater, we were very comfortable. The campground was big and we were able to explore 😃 the lake was fun as well ! Unfortunately we didn’t catch no fish , there was fresh water and a cooler with ice for our use . Definitely will be coming back soon !!