Very private ranch land ~ but bordering BLM land for hiking & hunting. Close-by hike will take you into caves, in which we are told there are petroglyphs. Wild turkeys, deer, elk, and other wildlife here where there are stunning mountain views, and a creek on-site. Great area, with nearby attractions, such as hiking in the Black Canyon, fishing or skiing on the Grand Mesa, we are surrounded by orchards and vineyards, and the town of Paonia, where you can find wineries, cafes, a theater, night life, etc., is only 20 minutes away; and the town of Hotchkiss, with grocery, restaurants and pubs, is only 10 minutes away. All this and much more very close by!
PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION, TO GET A GOOD IDEA OF EVERYTHING.
One RV space with 30 Amp electric and septic hook-ups; and several tent sites, near creek with stunning mountain views, on private rural ranch acreage. We also have 4 cabins, which are sometimes available as well.
Parking space includes personal use area, as well as shared use of a common building with shower and laundry facilities (currently under construction). Plenty of space on our acreage, and other amenities, such as a FREE on-site pistol range.
PLEASE NOTE: while there are electric (30 amp) and septic hookups at the hookup RV site, the community building with showers/bathroom and laundry facilities is still being constructed. This is an "old-west" homestead work in progress, so not your typical "RV park" ;-) IF you are handy, and have an interest - we may be able work out some kind of partial barter deal, in exchange for some hours of helping us to complete the community building, and/or other projects on the property.
ON-GRID, HOOK-UP SPACE has 30 amp electric plug-in and septic. FOR LONG-TERM GUESTS: fresh water delivery is available to fill tank/cistern & internet & phone can also be installed if desired (we will be getting Super fast Elevate wireless as soon as it is available, but we have not yet been given a date). Other sites are off-grid, either for fully self-contained units (or tent camping). On the other side of our property, we have 4 cabins that have a bedroom + loft, shower & mini-frige.
PLEASE be sure you book the correct site when booking, based on the price listings. On-grid RV space: $27/night; Off-grid or tent space: $18/night (up to 3 people), $4/night for additional person; Cabins: $80/night (1-2 people), and $10 for each additional person (up to 3 additional).
> Very Important Notes: (1) blocked out dates do not apply to our guests staying monthly (except that check-in/out cannot be on a blocked date). (2) Our property is divided by our creekbed. On the 5 acre side is the RV and tent spaces, which is vehicle accessible at all times, while on the 35 acre side is the owners home and cabins, which is walk-in only/not vehicle accessible on Fridays after 2 pm and not at all on Saturdays, nor on Jewish holidays. (3) For our cabins ONLY: While there are no cooking facilities inside cabins, there is a mini-frige and a small kitchen/dining area, which is kept fully kosher. Therefore, the only food/drink allowed in the cabins is either kosher or vegetarian - no exceptions. Also, if campers plan to stay over during our Sabbath, they must be respectful of our day of rest. <
Very peaceful, quiet, rural setting, very private, yet only 5 miles to the lovely town of Hotchkiss, CO
Total Property Size
40 acres, surrounded by hundreds of acres to explore
Field, Stream, Woods, and Other
Septic (Sanitation) Hookup
* Laundry Room
Grill / BBQ (Cookout Area)
* Items with asterisk will be available upon completion of the community clubhouse that is currently under construction.
The fine print - the "rules"...
* QUIET: We do insist on keeping the quiet, peaceful, rural setting, so we don't allow dirt bikes or other such loud activities.
* FIREARMS: firearms must be properly secured, and we do have a private pistol range on-site, free to use ONLY when range-master is present, and range rules are followed. Please note, that while we do not charge a fee for the use of the range, you must either provide your own ammunition, or pay the range-master for the use of his ammunition. Range-master has full authority and final say over the use of range by any individual, at his discretion.
* SMOKING/DRUGS: No smoking (of anything), no drugs, and no displays of public intoxication (especially in light of the on-site gun range).
* PETS: Allowed are only dogs that are friendly with other animals and people. Dogs are not allowed to roam freely, and are restricted from communal buildings. Dogs are: on leash, under full control of owner, and/or fully contained within owner’s designated area at all times. Owners immediately respond to and mitigate/curtail any excessive barking behavior. Pet owners immediately clean up pet waste. Pet food must be stored indoors and/or in bear-proof containers. Pet owners will minimize the impact of domestic pets on wildlife and on livestock. Animal owners must assume responsibility for their animal’s behavior, and take initiative to prevent incidents, especially issues regarding the safety of other people and animals, including wildlife. Campers agree they are fully liable for any issues that may arise from their pets.
* FIRES: Any and all fires must be only within area(s) approved by Landlord as a “fire-pit” area, may never be left unattended; and must be fully out when leaving the fire-pit area.
* RESPONSIBILITY: Camper will be responsible for cleaning up after themselves in any common building or area. Camper agrees to keep the premises in good order and condition, and to immediately pay for costs to repair or replace anything damaged by Camper, their dependents, or pets. Camper is expected to follow the guidelines of "leave no trace".
* DISTURBANCE: At ALL times, campers will be considerate of neighbors, not causing any disturbance/noise, at such a level as to be invasive of other people’s space; nor using any light source in such a manner that would create glare for others or diminish the rural night sky.
* LIABILITY: Campers will respect the fact that this is a rural area, and will not disturb the wildlife; and acknowledges that Landlord shall not be liable for any incidents, accidents, mishaps, etc., that Camper might have. By booking a campsite, Camper agrees to release and hold Landlord harmless from all liability, for any and all occurrences, no matter the cause; and Landlord shall not be liable in any manner, for any loss suffered by Camper.
* PRIVACY: Hosts will respect campers privacy, and campers are expected to give the same respect to hosts. Campers will not enter host residence, pet enclosures, or any other structure, without permission from hosts.
- Check in: After 12PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Strict
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out