Colorado winters can be cold, snow-packed, and windy...a perfect escape from hotels and civilization! If this suits you, then you'll love Glamping at Monument Ridge. Our winter season includes reduced pricing, flexible cancellation policy, and added heating utilities to take the edge off the chilly days and evenings. No camping gear necessary and sleds are available for our
Colorado winters can be cold, snow-packed, and windy...a perfect escape from hotels and civilization! If this suits you, then you'll love Glamping at Monument Ridge. Our winter season includes reduced pricing, flexible cancellation policy, and added heating utilities to take the edge off the chilly days and evenings. No camping gear necessary and sleds are available for our sledding hill, but bring boots and winter clothes and maybe your favorite beverage to keep you cozy warm.WINTERIZING NOTES:
1. FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION. Watch the weather. You may cancel within 24 hours to receive a full refund, and in the off chance that unpredictably bad weather forces you to leave, we will refund minus fees.
2. ADDITIONAL HEATING. Free propane powers both a fire pit on the deck and a safe heater for the tent. An electric fireplace has been installed in the tent for you to power up. Extra blankets are stocked to ensure cozy evenings, even if the temperature drops. There is no wood-burning heat available.
3. COVID PRECAUTIONS. We always super-clean the premises (wash bedding, clean privy, etc.), but we are taking extra steps to wiping down bedposts, tables, and chairs with disinfectant. Further preparation for your arrival can be done upon request.
4. ACCESS. You will park in our home's driveway and walk down a path to your tent. It can be slick, so leave the flip-flops at home and come dressed for winter camping.
5. SLEDDING. We have an awesome sledding hill with sleds available to use upon request.
6. NO PARTIES. Have fun, but "parties" are prohibited. We allow moderate drinking and tobacco smoking, but keep this outside the tent at all times. We are not 420 friendly (no marijuana allowed). Any extra guests must be granted written permission ahead of visiting. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. Violators will be reported and may be asked to leave.Your Space
Your area is the full camping site (tent, deck, outhouse) with other areas of the property shared with the owners. The total property is a 6.5 acre homestead. You will park in our driveway and walk down our property to your tent, a short 20-yard trail. Here is a breakdown of what you can expect:
* Tent. Davis Tent & Awning™ canvas hunting tent, 14'x16' size, set up upon a studded wood platform (not on dirt). A queen size bed welcomes you with two spring cots + sleeping bags for up to two guests (e.g. children). Two lamps on tables keep the tent well lit at night. A breakfast bar welcomes you with coffee maker and teapot along with complimentary coffee, tea and munchies. A powerstrip is ready for you to charge up your gadgets.
* Deck. Chairs are set up for you and ready to use. A propane grill can be used for grilling (of course) but we include a cast-iron pan with utensils in case you want to fry something up. A 5-gallon tank of water from our well (not city water!) is available, more upon request.
* Privy. A Davis Tent "Royal Throne" Outhouse™ is set up with a Cabala's Camp Toilet™ with disposable bags to self-dispose. Toilet paper and freshener are stocked. No shower is available during winter months, but washing up inside the Royal Throne is doable. If you really want to escape camping and get a private 10+ minute hot shower, a Pilot station is just a few miles drive to the Baptist Road exit on I-25.
----------Other details of your space----------
* Welcome basket includes some breakfast goodies and complimentary coffee.
* Camp kitchen includes propane grill (with free propane), pans, and utensils.
* Some paper products for cookouts (paper plates, paper towels, napkins).
* Clean and sanitary outhouse with clean camping toilet.
* Close parking within 20 yards of the campsite.
* Carbon monoxide, smoke alarm, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit onsite and stocked.
* Electrical powerstrips in tent for fan, coffee pot, hot water kettle, lights, and chargers.
* Full-bar internet connectivity in the area from Verizon, Sprint and AT&T.
* Propane fire pit with lawn chairs.
* Monument Creek flows through the property, waterfowl common, and deer and other wildlife are frequent.
* Mowed hiking trails on property through fields and to Monument Creek.
* Pets welcome! But we have a dog and outdoor cats, so they'll need to get along.
* One mile from Pike National Forest with hiking suggestions provided by owners.
* Public lakes within two miles (Monument Lake and Palmer Lake).
* Two miles from Monument restaurants, Walmart, and local attractions.
* Tons of tourist attractions short drive away (a full list provided upon arrival).
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 10AM
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
- Response time: Within 6 hours
- Response rate: 100%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Winter Glamping on Monument Creek in Colorado.
The vibe at Winter Glamping on Monument Creek
Places to see near Chris & Wendy's Property
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Our stay was awesome, we felt every essential need was met. As well as the added comfort of non essential items included that really enhanced our experience. If you're looking for a worry free trip with an awe inspiring view. This is your location, the experience was both unique and healing. Great people, great conversation, great hospitality and beautiful surroundings. I want to thank our wonderful host once again :)
Glamping at its best!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Chris and Wendy! We stayed for 5 nights - 2 of us in the tent and another pitched a tent nearby. The site has everything you could need, and if there happens to be something you do need that isn't already there, Chris and Wendy are quick to the rescue. Their site is super close to town for trips into town or exploring places like Garden of the Gods while being remote enough that you feel unplugged. The views were amazing, and having the creek nearby was breathtaking. Whether you are looking for a romantic get away, a glamping experience, or looking for a foot-in-the-door to camping, this is the place to go! It's the first time I've felt relaxed on a vacation. I didn't want to leave at the end of our stay!
Also - do spring for the cookout add-on! You won't be disappointed, trust me!
We really enjoyed our camping experience here. The view was gorgeous! We enjoyed seeing the deer and birds in the morning/evening. It was nice to have a private camp site without having campers right beside us like at a local campground site.
The best place to glamp
Wendy and Chris are wonderful hosts and have thought of everything you may desire in a glamping site including a beautiful view and private trails to walk on their land. The privy was private and stocked with toiletries. They provide a fire pit with plenty of wood. Chris and Wendy Made sure we had plenty of coffee and teas, paper plates, etc. They have several recommendations for places to visit and trails to hike.
They are also located close to town but far away enough to feel like your truly camping in the mountains.
We had a wonderful experience here in Monument Colorado, we didn't want to leave.
My husband and I spent to night here. We had a great time. Chris was very nice and greeted us when we arrived, helped us with some question and made us feel very welcome. The glamping site was very nice and quite relaxing. They had everything we needed and more. I would recomend this place to anyone looking to get away.
There are two sites
One looks nice and private
The other is almost next to the host’s house
Which is fine if that is clearly described
Again ,Lovely hosts
Nice platform tent - edge of town
We had a nice stay at Chris and Wendy’s place. They were very kind. The tent was right beside the house. We thought it was further away so it didn’t feel as private as we were hoping for. The amenities were good. For the price we would suggest a better washing station (small counter with wash basin if some kind) and a composting toilet. Overall it was a pleasant experience.