WindTree is an awesome retreat perched high on top of the Santa Cruz Mountains in California, over looking the entire Monterey Bay and Santa Clara Valley with expansive awe-inspiring views . We are off the grid with solar power and our own well. Small organic gardens with chickens and goats. You will be staying in a small charming and unique hand built cottage
WindTree is an awesome retreat perched high on top of the Santa Cruz Mountains in California, over looking the entire Monterey Bay and Santa Clara Valley with expansive awe-inspiring views . We are off the grid with solar power and our own well. Small organic gardens with chickens and goats. You will be staying in a small charming and unique hand built cottage with a comfortable bed and a fireplace The cob house is among other small cabins on top of a mountain. Come watch the sunset from this amazing place!
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Hiking trails to Uvas Canyon County Park is less than 1/4 mile away. Check out details here. https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks...Read more
Natural features you'll find at Goddess Cob Cottage @ WindTree in California.
The vibe at Goddess Cob Cottage @ WindTree
Places to see near WindTree Medicine Wheel
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
My 4-year-old son and I had an awesome time here! He loved exploring the little pathways, finding cool sites, and of course meeting the goats. The cob house was perfect for the two of us and he loved the loft. The compost toilet was a little adjustment for us, but he thought it was pretty cool. This was the perfect escape from the city!
My partner and I had a good time here, the space is beautiful as are its surroundings. You are free to roam about and adventure on the giant property. Below are a few things we would have found helpful to know before hand!
- If you aren't from this area you need day light to get here as well as comfort on dirt roads with hair pin turns with steep inclines. We drove a rental car and possibly would have thought twice if we knew the conditions. You don't need a 4x4 but more clearance than a car would have been positive.
- In Canada a composting toilet implies an outhouse (a structure, usually wood. The 'toilet' is a deep hole dug into the ground.) In this case the toilet is a shallow bucket with a seat on top and the contents gets switched out. Not unpleasant necessarily but good to know.
- This farm has a lot of people working on it so there is a general lack of privacy. Be prepared to see a lot of humans.
Campsite was as expected; an indoor cottage that is something more than a tent and something less than a usual indoor living space. Hosts are nice and helpful. Just make sure you plan to arrive early -- our plans changed and we didn't start heading up the mountain until just before dusk (my bad), and the distances were much further than expected. Budget at least 45 minutes up the mountain, and expect long stretches will be unpaved and on rolling hills. Was fine in my 4x4, but I did not fully realize the extent beforehand.
Great little place on a nice property that is well kept. Very nice people live on the property. It could have been more private as it is located in the middle of the property but still greatly enjoyed it.
The views from the lookout, a couple hundred yards from the site are spectacular.
What a small slice of heaven. If you are willing to make the uphill trek you will leave with no regrets, a sense of inner peace, and a new appreciation for goats :)
Would recommend this humble abode to anyone looking for a break from the noise, and only wish we could have stayed longer.