The spacious two bedroom 1940s Rock homesteader cabin on acreage has a great outdoor space for entertaining. Take in the expansive views in every direction from the porch swing, fire up the grill, and enjoy the starry skies as you gather around the fire pit. The cabin is one of the oldest structures in the area and is said to have been built before the existence of La Contenta Road. We imagine that the rocks used, which are not native to the area, must have been transported across the desert landscape by Model T. Luckily, we've got roads now! The house sits at the corner of La Contenta and Covington Flats, a little-known "back" entrance to the national park, away from the crowds. Many artistic touches inside and out. This house is great for adventurous families and groups of friends. Plenty of parking.
- 1100 square foot home.
- 2 bedrooms: 1 king-sized bed, 1 full-sized bed. 2 long couches in the open format living room.
- 1 bathroom with custom tile work.
- Full-sized kitchen equipped with cookware and custom tile work.
- Porch swing, grill, and a number of outdoor seating areas.
- Stone fireplace, wood burning stove and evaporative cooler allow for comfortable temperatures year round.
- Additional bunk house is located on the property with a double bed/twin bunk bed and couch. Great alternative to camping on the property if your party is larger than 6.
- Free Wifi.
- All linens and towels provided.
- Pet-friendly, fenced yard.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within an hour
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at Joshua Tree Rock House
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
The rock has was adorable and cozy! After exploring the national park and the town of Joshua tree we settled in at the rock house for a quiet evening! Lori has everything you need. A great place to cook, relax, play games, and watch the sunset by a fire!
My friends and I stayed here for the weekend and had a great time! Awesome cabin with very cool decorations and a beautiful scenery surrounding it. Lori was responsive and helpful. Right near Joshua Tree as well, of course. I highly recommend it
A group of 11 of us stayed at Rock House and it was awesome!! So close to the National Park, where we did the West Side Loop hike which was beautiful. The Rock House was perfect for what we needed. We brought some airbeds and made use of the sofas and outhouse. There was plenty of space for outside activities and the fire pit was great. Would definitely recommend. Thanks for having us Lori!!