- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 5% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Clearlake and Blue lakes are within a 5 to 15 minute drive from the ranch.
Clear Lake is approximately 15 minute drive from the ranch. Some of the best sport fishing available. Also Blue Lakes is only ...Read more
Natural features you'll find at Tent site with a view in California.
The vibe at Tent site with a view
Places to see near Pura Vida Springs Ranch
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
This is definitely off the beaten path, but the view is worth it! Lee and company were super helpful, he was always available when needed and communicated regularly. The site has a built in fire pit and water. The Glen Eden hiking Trail goes right by the site. There is a 360 degree view of the valley and even Clearlake. Sunrise is amazing here. I brought my 3 kids with my who loved swinging on the swing, but it would also be romantic for a couple. I will definitely be back here!
Lee was awesome and even loaned me an extra lantern. If you want to be in the mountains - it’s remote and beautiful. The stars were great and you can feel rest assured a super nice person lives about a quarter mile away if you ever needed anything. I would recommend.
The drive to the site is definitely adventurous to say the least. I wouldn’t recommend if you have a sedan or smaller car that isn’t able to do some off-roading like driving. The view from the top is beautiful and the night sky alone is absolutely worth the adventurous drive along side the hill to get there. The site itself is a bit downhill from parking and water, so being prepared to cart your stuff up and down may be helpful to some. Overall, driving through the property wasn’t exactly what I’d expected, but the site itself feels very private when you’re there and has a lovely view of the hills and lake in the distance.
Great for groups!
10 of us stayed at the tent site with view and had an excellent time. The site is private with a great view and shade. An unexpected highlight of the trip was one of the ranch dogs hanging out at our site most of our stay. The journey up the driveway is not bad with an AWD SUV so don’t let that deter you. I am afraid of heights and ended up making a handful of trips up and back without issue. During the day we had a blast boating at Blue Lakes and went on a hike starting at our campsite. I would highly recommend this site! Thanks Lee and friends!
This spot and Lee were both wonderful. The location is private and secluded, and has absolutely beautiful views. Lee was very communicative and let us at the front gate to direct us where to go. One of the dogs from the ranch also came down and hung out with us all night. I would highly recommend this spot, thank you Lee!
Positives: you wake up in oak trees with an incredible view of clear lake. About 100 yards from parking. Glen Eden public hiking trail access. One of the few easy hip camps in the area. 20 minutes from potter valley, 30 minutes from cold creek and eel river.
Tricky: lee did a great job communicating, but used the hip camp text messaging system. Texts came out I order and I got lost. Make sure to get Lee on the phone.
Also- no cell reception when you get close. Be clear on your arrival time.
3 big, friendly dogs. May be your thing, may not be.
Not sure if you can make it up the hill to camp without 4 wheel/all wheel drive.
A delightful camping getaway!
From the moment we arrived, Lee was very welcoming of us onto his property. The location is gorgeous, with views for days both of the country side and of the lake nearby. We had a fantastic trip and would definitely be back.
Some tips for your trip:
* Per his directions, call Lee once you hit HWY 20 as cell service gets patchy afterwards (up on the campsite though you have full service).
* Definitely take an AWD for this trip as the driveway is pretty steep - the views are stunning the whole way up though so it's a great 3mile drive to the top
* Bring as much as you can with you as you probably don't want to be doing multiple trips up and down that driveway.
* No fires on this property. Keep that in mind, as you're in a high fire risk area so just not possible.
* There is a picnic table out on the ridge which is fantastic, Lee has also provided some benches for extra seating if you forget a camp chair
* There are lots of animals to visit on the property: horses, goats, chickens, dogs.. the list goes on
* The campsite is located on a trail, so you've really got it all within a short distance
* You are not near any buildings/structures so star gazing is a must for this trip