- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 5% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Horse Lovers Camping in California.
The vibe at Horse Lovers Camping
Places to see near Pura Vida Springs Ranch
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Beautiful site, awd/4x4 required
The site provided at Lee’s property is BEAUTIFUL. Right next to the horse paddocks, overlooking the hills and the lake. There’s a water spigot with potable water and a charcoal grill.
Accessing the property was the only slightly unexpected part of this booking. You must have AWD or 4x4 to make it up the long driveway to the property. It is very steep almost all of the way up. Lee contacted me to tell me this right after booking so we were able to make it work, but I found it a little odd that this isn’t also mentioned in the listing.
Overall, super friendly, helpful, and communicative hosts paired with a beautiful property made this a great stay! Would absolutely stay again.
Gorgeous location on top of a hill facing Clear Lake. There are horses right next to the tent spot, who you can interact with freely. The campsite is part of a huge ranch and it offers full privacy while other campers are in other parts of the property far from you. It really is a great experience and we would absolutely come back again. You most likely will need AWD to get to the campsite as the property has very steep hills.
Magical night skies
Observations in no particular order:
* Exceptional communication from Lee.
* Two quiet and friendly horses nearby.
* The site is large - easily larger than a "double" campsite at a national or state park.
* Big oak trees and vast landscapes are right from a John Steinbeck novel. The stars come alive and you go to sleep with lovely nighttime sounds.
* Blue Lakes ~15 minutes away are a treasure. Clear, clean and scenic with the eastern shoreline dotted with convenient access and cool rope swings. Drive hwy 20 and find a place to pull off (show up early). Or rent a boat from the north or south end.
* Running water only, no bathrooms. No fires allowed due to the time of year.
* The grade isn't perfect - nothing is totally flat, but some areas are better than others.
I think we will be back. The location is downright magical!
1st hipcamp did not disappoint
Staying on Lee’s property was so much fun, relaxing, and even more gorgeous than I expected! I highly recommend it to all Hip Campers in the area. This was my first ever Hip Camp experience, and it definitely set my expectations high for the rest. The directions were awesome, easy to get to. Lee met me at his gate and was incredibly welcoming. There is about a 15 minute stretch of steep uphill gravel, as he mentioned, but I did not have AWD. I told him I wanted to give it a shot, and he supported me all the way to the top! My little Kia Rio made it with some momentum and it was worth it. A perfect view of the mountains and lake, serene privacy, endless animals to love on (Huckbrown and Blue, horses, pheasants, goats, etc), and an above ground pool that was so nice to soak in while watching the sunset. The stars were plentiful, and the sunrise was unbeatable. Thanks again, Lee!
Amazing views, serene setting.
Lee is the man! Super nice guy, and he has awesome campsites with great views all the way down to Lakeport and Clear Lake. Great hiking trail nearby as well. Will definitely be returning!
Lee and his staff were very kind and welcoming! The site was breathtakingly beautiful and to wake up to the horses every morning was very exciting. The pool was a nice feature during the day as it got up to 95 degrees. They have three very large, friendly dogs, who were so loving and just wanted to be loved on, but probably not best for small children. Overall, excellent experience!