Pitch your tent between the forest, a meadow and the ocean. Watch the bucolic farm animals, sleep to the lull of the ocean waves, enjoy serenity away from the bustle.
- Check in: After 12PM
- Check out: Before 1PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Forest, Farm Animals, and You in California.
Places to see near Off-Grid Living
The vibe at Forest, Farm Animals, and You
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Brought the family here and we had a great time. Linda is a friendly and helpful host. Our site was in an enclosed area separated from where the animals are. Lots of docile animals which was fun for the kids. Site has a fire pit and a small table. We had plenty of room for our two tents. Only a short drive to Fort Bragg and the coast.
Fun Stay! This is a rustic, off-grid property with no toilet facilities so be prepared to pack it out. Visit with the farm animals if you have the opportunity, it's totally worth a little poo on your shoes to pet the lovely friendly goats and meet all of Linda's sweet wooly and furry citizens. The fenced garden where we set up our tent was clean, quiet and felt private. There is a fire pit and a very small table, bring your own chairs. The property in general is fairly funky, it's a farm so don't expect any fancy landscaping. However, the garden is large and backs up to a stand of forest. Little frogs croaked at dusk and birdsong woke us up in the morning. The host is a kind animal lover, conscientious and accommodating.
We loved our stay at "Forest, Farm Animals and You"! It's a beautiful, rustic, pastoral setting. Very quiet and peaceful making for wonderful sleeping at night. No facilities, water, or electric, but for our small self-contained van, it was no problem and quite perfect. Also very conveniently close to Fort Bragg. And the wandering farm animals were delightful. Would stay here again anytime!
Linda seemed very accommodating and provided helpful info after I booked a site at her property the same day I intended to arrive. With full context you’ll understand why I’m giving a less than stellar rating:
1) I booked this site at 12pm same day out of a last minute need, having found myself headed that way with nowhere to sleep for the night.
2) I let Linda know I was estimated to arrive around 5pm since she wanted to make sure I would be there in the daylight to set up safely.
3) On my way up I got blocked by a fire off 101 and it totally derailed my ETA, meaning I would not arrive before sunset.
4) I let her know I wouldn’t be there in time and was forced to stop at a random campsite instead, which isn’t exactly what I wanted as I was excited to see her property and the animals.
5) I politely asked for a refund since those circumstances were outside of my control preventing me from being there, plus the cancellation only happened 6 hours after I booked. There was nothing I could do.
6) She wouldn’t refund me but offered to give me a free trip next time if I remind her, which is definitely not the same thing. I was disappointed I didn’t get my money back when a natural disaster prevented me from arriving and I never got to enjoy this stay. It left a bit of a sour taste and I won’t be trying to redeem my “free visit,” which is really too bad since it seemed like a cute spot.