Clear Air Mountain House is an eco-friendly and fragrance-free retreat space & vacation home. Nestled in the California Sierras, it is paradise for those who love the outdoors. There are more than 45 lakes nearby, hot springs, rivers, well-maintained trails, and lots of wildlife. The house itself offers many upscale complements, including a swim-spa & large, gourmet kitchen.
Clear Air Mountain House is an eco-friendly and fragrance-free retreat space & vacation home. Nestled in the California Sierras, it is paradise for those who love the outdoors. There are more than 45 lakes nearby, hot springs, rivers, well-maintained trails, and lots of wildlife. The house itself offers many upscale complements, including a swim-spa & large, gourmet kitchen. The house was constructed with a lot of care, using local trees, non-toxic paint, and features beautiful wood and stone inlays.
IMPORTANT: This is a fragrance-free space, made for those who have trouble going to vacation spots that use harsh chemicals. Please refrain from bringing scented beauty products and allergens. More information on limiting fragrances is here. This is a crucial accessibility issue and one of the many things that make this space wonderful! In order to ensure compliance with this important request, owners will be onsite for first-time visitors.
- Chlorine-free swim spa in sunroom
- Gourmet, beautiful kitchen with high-quality cookware
- Two fireplaces (one gas fireplace, another for wood)
- Two main suites ("Rainbow Suite" and "River Suite" with nine beds between them, capable of sleeping 16. The beds vary; find descriptions of them in the FAQ. There are curtains around some beds to provide privacy. Rent one suite or both!
- Two, modern bathrooms
- High-efficiency washer, dryer, and dishwasher
- Parking spots for 2-4 cars
- Organic yard
- Extra towels and sheets, dishes, silverware, cookware, and some communal food. We also provide non-toxic fragrance-free cleaning products and beauty products
- High-speed internet
The price listed is for the largest "Rainbow Suite" (over 480 square-feet, with double & queen European Sleepworks beds, 2 twin natural latex beds and more -- ideal for someone chemically sensitive) has a 4-person minimum (175 for 4, 25 for each additional, plus 10% Sierra County lodging tax).
If you don't need quite so much space, and are on a budgets, please see our other listings including the "River Suite", and Glamping, and the Camping. For larger groups (up to 20), renting multiple spaces is an option.
- Check in: After 4PM
- Check out: Before 2PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 20% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Fragrance-Free Rainbow Suite in California.