Cozy! A small secluded camp tucked away in the trees running along the Salamander Ravine. Great shelter from the wind.Space is limited at this site. One 2-person tent is recommended. Bathrooms and showers are less than five minutes away, and the porta-potty is one minute away. Can house 1 tent and 2 people. This site is 500 ft from the main part of the ranch.
wind could be up toContinue reading...
Cozy! A small secluded camp tucked away in the trees running along the Salamander Ravine. Great shelter from the wind. Space is limited at this site. One 2-person tent is recommended. Bathrooms and showers are less than five minutes away, and the porta-potty is one minute away. Can house 1 tent and 2 people. This site is 500 ft from the main part of the ranch.
wind could be up to 30 mph
CHECK-IN TIMES: 12PM. (If you are checking in after 7 pm , please call us)
You can drive up to this site. 4x4 is not required.
There is a 72 hour cancellation policy.
- Check in: After 12PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within 12 hours
- Response rate: 100%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Hidden Ravine in California.
Places to see near Chanslor Ranch
The vibe at Hidden Ravine
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Hidden Ravine is perfect for couples or solo campers. Even with other camping areas nearby there is almost total privacy. Chanslor Ranch is very convenient given the access to Bodega Bay shops, markets, etc. The welcome from Sarah was very friendly. She showed us where to find water, restrooms and firewood ($2 per large piece, on the honor system) as well as where to park. We will definitely be back soon and look forward to the potential addition of more backcountry backpacking sites.
A very cozy and secluded site on a beautiful ranch across the street from the beach. Drinking water, bathrooms, and excellent customer service are just up the hill. Would definitely reserve this spot again.
Such an awesome spot! The ranch is beautiful and there are trails for hiking with stunning views overlooking the ocean. Campsites have everything you could expect and staff is very friendly. $5 showers is a bit steep, but overall excellent!
I loved hidden ravine, and the Chanselor Ranch! The campsite it tucked sweetly into a little grove of trees and bushes, right alongside a little creek/stream. It is nice and cool, and secluded, and yet has a nice amount of space for moving around and setting up camp! Chanselor Ranch also offers great proximity to not only exploring Bodega Bay, but the land around Hidden Ravine is full of beautiful hikes, vistas, and horseback rides! I can't wait to come back to this amazing place, and I would highly recommend Hidden Ravine as a sweet hidden gem.
Not really sure how to put this eloquently so I figured a list of all the delightful details are in order. They are as follows:
1. Katie (the hostess) is friendly, inviting, and extremely accommodating (she made me coffee both days I was there because I forgot to pack grounds)
2. The animals on property are majestic and calm. The friendliest animals are the dogs which are just freakin' bundles of love!
3. The grounds are incredibly well maintained, it's obvious they have poured a lot of time, money, coordination, and love into it. Each campsite is different than the next and each has a gratuitous pile of wood.
4. The landscape and ocean views along with the bright stars at night are worth calling into work on Monday to stay another day.
5. You'll be annoyed at yourself and companions for continually repeating phrases such as "this is amazing", "what the f*#% how is this even real?!", and "I think I sh#* myself because this is so beautiful". Side note, bring clean underwear.
Thanks Chanselor Ranch and especially Katie and Dr. Howard!
When we arrived at Chanslor Ranch we were greeted by a Myra. She was so warm, helpful and accommodating. She offered us an upgrade to one of their teepees overlooking the ranch with views of the ocean. We gladly accepted! Our stay was so pleasant. The ranch and its trails are absolutely stunning. I would highly recommend staying at any of their many camping spots.
Really a great spot. Was skeptical when pulling into the place because it is also has spots for RVs to rent, and seemed a bit crowded, but don't worry, the campsite is not close to the RVs, and it really is a 'Hidden Ravine'. The campsite is surrounded by trees, very isolated, so you basically dont have any neighbors. I would recommend bringing some insect repellent, bugs were not too bad, but nice to have some. I would definitely book this campsite again!