The Bar SZ Ranch is a genuine working family ranch. A few days here will immerse you in a lifestyle we love to share with others. Enjoy roping, morning and evening animals feedings, hayrides, archery, roping, seasonal creek walking, and hiking. And when the sun goes down, relax as a rancher would with a BBQ, bonfire, outdoor movie, epic star gazing, line dancing, and more. For an additional fee you may go horseback riding, enjoy skeet and trap shooting, and grill over an oak wood BBQ.
- Late night curfew is 12am
- Campfires provided year-round and are included in your stay
- You have access to two showers, one potty, filtered drinking water, a wash station, ice available for purchase, Keurig coffee maker (BYOC)
- We have 660 acres for hiking and exploring
- Onsite games include pool, darts, poker, ping pong, horseshoes, corn hole, tether ball, foosball, basketball, and more. Feel free to bring your favorite field games and glow-in-the dark items.
Our campground is located right next to the common area. The 12am curfew is popular with most guests which may be tough for some kids who go to sleep early.
BONUS: We are located just a few miles from the east entrance of Pinnacles National Park. You can go climbing, hiking, explore the Talus Caves, spot wildlife, and more.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out
- Response time: Within 6 hours
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at Bar SZ Ranch
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Bar SZ Ranch is a stunning property with the most hospitable land owners you’ll meet. My friends and I camped on their flat, open meadowland surrounded by views of the mountains and a picturesque farmscape. Tim & Michelle, who run the ranch, will make sure you have what you need and feel totally welcome during your stay. They have also lived very cool and inspiring lives, and are so fun to talk to.
The ranch itself is excellent for hosting large groups, and there are so many fun things to experience! We took a couple hikes on the property, rode horses before sunset (costs $, but is cheap), explored the ranch, pet the goats and other farm animals, grilled our dinner on their large outdoor BBQ, and hung out by the fire pit at night. One of the most eventful camping trips I've been on! Then on our way home we stopped for another hike in Pinnacles National Park which is only 10 minutes away from Bar SZ Ranch. Such a cool bonus hike!
In terms of amenities, there is a nice little bathroom, shower, and kitchen sink in a cute outdoor building. When we visited in November it was 75 during the day and 40 at night — so be sure to bring layers! Also, their calendar fills up quickly, so if you are lucky enough to book a stay here then start preparing for an unforgettable camping experience!!
We camped as a group of 8 for a weekend (Fri - Sun) in early-to-mid September. We had 3 cars and 5 tents that were easily accommodated in the camping area of the property. Tim greeted us upon arrival - even after dark (9pm) - to ensure we were settled properly and to see if we needed anything.
The location of the property is gorgeous - in a valley with a breath taking view of the mountains to the eastern part of the property. The first night the fog had rolled in and we were able to watch it burn off. The second morning was clear and we were able to see the sunrise over the mountains.
We didn't take advantage of many of the activites on the property except using the bonfire both nights and the grill the second night. Tim kindly provided us with a smaller grill for our group to use - the normal one in the dining area would have been too large.
A picnic table isn't provided with the campsite and that was the only we wished was provided as part of the campsite.
It is hard to find generosity, rustic, comfort, uniqueness in a experience wrapped into one. But Bar SZ Ranch has it all. Ive traveled many places and and this one will stick with me...
- Beauty all around you. From the mountains and rolling grasslands, to creaks, wildlife, the ranch itself.
- The hosts–Tim, Michelle, and their children make you feel like your part of the family. After a few days with them, I was sad to leave. Shooting, riding, feeding the animals, and just hanging by the fire at night, they really make sure their guests have what they need and become part of the experience. Hardworking, kind folks.
- The lodging. We camped, which was great. We're not experts so the access to charging or water, a campfire for cooking, or a fresh egg from the hen house when we broke ours was what we we were looking for to make the camping experience easy. Super easy setup. Drove in right to the sight and setup. But there are so many other options–the tents are awesome for groups, and the houses are very nice as well. Everyone comes together at night to hang by the fire and the bar.
- The activities–definitely ride, shoot, and hang by the fire. And just walk about the property. Beautiful spots all around.
Love this place and will definitely return with friends!
The two of us had an absolutely amazing weekend at Bar SZ ranch! Tim, Michelle, Kailey, Colton, and Maddie were amazing hosts and guides, going above and beyond to make us comfortable and introduce us to life on the ranch. From horseback adventures in the valley, hikes up into the hills, to evenings by the fire, each moment was unique. The camping area was inviting and scenic, the facilities clean and fully functional, and the communal areas welcoming. I would recommend Bar SZ to anyone and everyone, and hope to come back soon.
Wonderful spot in a beautiful bit if countryside. Flat ground, hot showers, communal grill and fire pit, friendly hosts, fantastic views and super-cute baby donkeys. Couldn't ask for more.
If you're wondering if it's worth the extra cost of staying here instead of at the campsite at Pinnacles... yes. Yes it is.
My husband and I camped at Bar SZ Ranch so that we could visit Pinnacles NP. We had a great time! The hosts, Tim and Michelle and their kids were super friendly and helpful and the ranch itself is in a beautiful valley. There is a lot to do on the ranch for those who would like to take part. When we weren’t hiking in the park we spent our time cuddling baby kittens and hanging out by the campfire.