About Bar SZ Ranch
The Bar SZ Ranch is a genuine working family ranch. A few days here will immerse you in a lifestyle we love to share with others. Enjoy roping, morning and evening animals feedings, hayrides, archery, roping, seasonal creek walking, and hiking. And when the sun goes down, relax as a rancher would with a BBQ, bonfire, outdoor movie, epic star gazing, and more. For an additional fee you may go horseback riding, enjoy skeet and trap shooting, and/or grill over an oak wood BBQ.
We don't have a late-night curfew, campfires are allowed year-round and are included in your stay, you have access to two showers and one potty, we have 660 acres to explore, and more.
BONUS: We are located just a few miles from the east entrance of Pinnacles National Park. You can go climbing, hiking, explore the Talus Caves, spot wildlife, and more.
- Listing type: Private
- No. of sites: 10
- Accessibility: Park at listing
- Campsite area: Bring your own Cars, Vans, Trailers, RV & Motorhomes
- Check in after: 3PM
- Check out before: 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within 24 hours
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at Bar SZ Ranch
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Bar SZ Ranch is a stunning property with the most hospitable land owners you’ll meet. My friends and I camped on their flat, open meadowland surrounded by views of the mountains and a picturesque farmscape. Tim & Michelle, who run the ranch, will make sure you have what you need and feel totally welcome during your stay. They have also lived very cool and inspiring lives, and are so fun to talk to.
The ranch itself is excellent for hosting large groups, and there are so many fun things to experience! We took a couple hikes on the property, rode horses before sunset (costs $, but is cheap), explored the ranch, pet the goats and other farm animals, grilled our dinner on their large outdoor BBQ, and hung out by the fire pit at night. One of the most eventful camping trips I've been on! Then on our way home we stopped for another hike in Pinnacles National Park which is only 10 minutes away from Bar SZ Ranch. Such a cool bonus hike!
In terms of amenities, there is a nice little bathroom, shower, and kitchen sink in a cute outdoor building. When we visited in November it was 75 during the day and 40 at night — so be sure to bring layers! Also, their calendar fills up quickly, so if you are lucky enough to book a stay here then start preparing for an unforgettable camping experience!!
We camped as a group of 8 for a weekend (Fri - Sun) in early-to-mid September. We had 3 cars and 5 tents that were easily accommodated in the camping area of the property. Tim greeted us upon arrival - even after dark (9pm) - to ensure we were settled properly and to see if we needed anything.
The location of the property is gorgeous - in a valley with a breath taking view of the mountains to the eastern part of the property. The first night the fog had rolled in and we were able to watch it burn off. The second morning was clear and we were able to see the sunrise over the mountains.
We didn't take advantage of many of the activites on the property except using the bonfire both nights and the grill the second night. Tim kindly provided us with a smaller grill for our group to use - the normal one in the dining area would have been too large.
A picnic table isn't provided with the campsite and that was the only we wished was provided as part of the campsite.
It is hard to find generosity, rustic, comfort, uniqueness in a experience wrapped into one. But Bar SZ Ranch has it all. Ive traveled many places and and this one will stick with me...
- Beauty all around you. From the mountains and rolling grasslands, to creaks, wildlife, the ranch itself.
- The hosts–Tim, Michelle, and their children make you feel like your part of the family. After a few days with them, I was sad to leave. Shooting, riding, feeding the animals, and just hanging by the fire at night, they really make sure their guests have what they need and become part of the experience. Hardworking, kind folks.
- The lodging. We camped, which was great. We're not experts so the access to charging or water, a campfire for cooking, or a fresh egg from the hen house when we broke ours was what we we were looking for to make the camping experience easy. Super easy setup. Drove in right to the sight and setup. But there are so many other options–the tents are awesome for groups, and the houses are very nice as well. Everyone comes together at night to hang by the fire and the bar.
- The activities–definitely ride, shoot, and hang by the fire. And just walk about the property. Beautiful spots all around.
Love this place and will definitely return with friends!